Purpose & Information
The purpose of our GCA Cross Country team will be to develop a love for running while having an opportunity to compete against other schools – all while glorifying the Lord.
- Coach: Athletic Director Austin Stacey
- Grades: 1st-8th
- Season Dates: August 17- October 14
- Practices: Tuesdays and Thursdays from 3:15-4:15 p.m. at Pinkerton Park. One mandatory practice per week will be required to participate. Students can choose either Tuesday or Thursday for their mandatory practice. Students will have the option to attend the 2nd practice if they choose. Coach Austin and another GCA staff member will walk with students to Pinkerton Park at 3:00 p.m. Parents must pick up their student from the park by 4:30 p.m.
- Races: Monday’s at the Hermitage in Nashville, TN. The first race date is Monday, September 13. Races are not mandatory and you may participate in Cross Country as a non-competitive participant.
- Fee: $125 which includes all practices, entry to all races and an official GCA Cross County uniform.
For more information on Cross Country please email our Athletic Director Mr. Stacey: Austin@generationschurchonline.org
Important Cross Country Dates
Cross Country Informational Parent Meeting
- August 18 at 3 p.m.
- Every Tuesday and Thursday, August 17-October 14
- Monday, September 13
- Monday, September 20
- Monday, September 27
- Monday, October 4
- Monday, October 11 (Elementary Championship)
*The elementary championship on October 11th is during the week of Fall Break. If you will be out of town that is ok. October 11 will be a regular meet for middle school.
- Monday, October 18 (Middle School Championship)
Division Breakdown of Races
- 1st – 2nd grade – running 3/4 mile (race starts: 4:45 p.m.)
- 3rd – 4th grade – running 1 mile (race starts: 5:00 p.m.)
- 5th – 8th grade (Middle School) running 2 miles (race starts: 5:20 p.m.)